Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ode to a Broadway Star: Kristin Chenoweth

Okay so lets be realistic, when I added this weekly post, we all knew it would only be a matter of time before Kristin Chenoweth appeared. So now without further ado, my favorite performances by my favorite Broadway gal.

Kristin's Tony winning performance as Sally Brown in the revival of You're A Good Man Charlie Brown



In my opinion, the song "Thank Goodness" is Glinda's standout moment in Wicked as it reveals the most character development and is the most vocally and emotionally demanding song in the show

*thank you to Broadway.com for the above clip 

From personal experience, I know that "Glitter and Be Gay" from Candide is one of the most difficult songs for a singer in all of musical theatre; Kristin knocks this song out of the park and it really shows off her vocal virtuosity and impeccable comedic timing at their finest





No comments:

Post a Comment