Thursday, November 8, 2012

Rostelecom Cup: Ladies short program LIVE blog

1) Gracie Gold (USA)
  Music: Hernando's Hideaway
  • Who doesn't love Hernando's Hideaway?
  • Nice 3-3 Gracie, I love the speed
  • So far so good, but I feel like she's speeding through the choreography and just ticking off the elements
  • Now that's she's put down a clean short on the GP, that's a huge step
  • Our girl looks thrilled
  • 34.92 (TES) + 27.24 (PCS) = 62.16
2) Caroline Zhang (USA)
  Music: Rushing Wings of Dawn
  • I love everything that she does with her face at the beginning of this piece
  • I love this music so much
  • Uh on, pupped the first jump, not a good sign
  • That stretched out camel is wonderful, but the bent leg position looks rough
  • The step sequence is lovely in this piece, it perfectly fits the tone of the music
  • 21.84 (TES) + 324.31 (PCS) = 46.15
3) Polina Korobeynikova (RUS)
  Music: Romeo & Juliet
  • I'm loving this braid into the bun
  • I actually really love this dress
  • Her body type reminds me of Alissa Czisny
  • She seems like a very introspective skater to me, which is coming back to me now from the Junior GP
  • 26.42 (TES) + 25.03 (PCS) = 51.45
4) Agnes Zawadzki (USA)
  Music: Sex and the City
  • Agnes honey, what is this odd costume situation we've got going here?
  • So, are you Carrie Bradshaw in Abu Dahbi?
  • Well  I guess you can be whomever you want to be when you are jumping like this
  • She is looking so slick today, so in a zone
  • This is a great piece for a short program, it suits her energy
  • I love all these arm variations in the combination spin
  • 33.01 (TES) + 27.17 (PCS) = 60.18
5) Valentina Marchei (ITA)
  Music: Esperanza
  • This program suits her fiery personality
  • I feel like her spins and body positions are so improved this year
  • Those swing programs last year didn't show of any of these wonderful things we are seeing from her this season
  • The technical content is not at the level of the youngsters, but this is still a very solid program that will receive a good score
  • 20.48 (TES) + 25.77 (PCS) = 46.25
6) Adelina Sotnikova (RUS)
  Music: Capriccio Espagnoi
  • Nice 3-3
  • Uh oh, baby popped her flip
  • She is killing it in this footwork, you can tell that being at home helps her energy
  • 29.11 (TES) + 18.00 (PCS) = 57.11
7) Kanako Murakami (JPN)
  Music: Prayer for Taylor
  • Baby girl is killing it today
  • I love that she reinvented herself into an artist, this is a beautiful piece
  • Darn that fall, but still she's becoming quite the lovely skater
  • 29.01 (TES) + 28.77 (PCS) -1.00 (DED) = 56.78
8) Viktoria Helgesson (SWE)
  Music: Poinciana
  • I remember when it used to flip back and forth-who was better-between Viktoria & Joshi, but honestly it's not even close anymore
  • That was just okay, iffy technique
  • I like the short hair much better that last year's poofy up-dos
  • Wait, doesn't her mom coach her anymore?
  •  26.67 (TES) + 27.43 (PCS) = 54.10
9) Kiira Korpi (FIN)
  Music: The Girl with the Flaxen Hair
  • This is my favorite costume of the season
  • This is so delicate and soft
  • That was pure enjoyment to watch
  • 31.51 (TES) + 30.04 (PCS) = 61.55
10) Alena Leonova (RUS)
  Music: Slumdog Millionaire
  • I never quite know what's going to happen when this one steps out onto the ice

  • (TES) + (PCS) =

No comments:

Post a Comment