Saturday, October 27, 2012

Skate Canada: Ladies Free Skate LIVE BLOG!

1) Polina Shelepen (RUS)
 Music: Gone With The Wind
  • 36.37 (TES) + 43.74 (PCS) -2.00 (DED) = 78.11
  • 46.18 (SP) + 78.11 (FS) = 124.29
2) Gracie Gold (USA)
 Music: Life Is Beautiful
  • Here's to hoping she can recover from this
  • From what I can see on my feed she is looking confidant
  • Lovely Bielman
  • Squirrely landing on that axel
  • This is a very senior program, she will do well as she grows with this over the season
  • Does this costume remind anybody else of Tara Lipinski when she won her Olympic gold?
  • She is a little taller this season, let's hope this is all that she'll do in terms of growing so there is no re-learning of jump technique
  • 48.02 (TES) + 51.36 (PCS) = 99.38
  • 52.19 (SP) + 99.38 (FS) = 151.57
3) Caroline Zhang (USA)
 Music: Nessun Dorma
  • Not much height on these jumps, she is looking winded
  • Not a lot of speed on the spins or steps either
  • The feed is frozen to the extend where I really can't assess the quality of the skating
  • I'm glad she stuk with this program, it definitely still has growing room
  • Her spiral position has improved, I like the extension there
  • Definitely not the disaster that she usually starts out with, this is really a new Caroline
  • 46.96 (TES) + 49.94 (PCS) = 96.90
  • 52.97 (SP) + 96.90 (FS) = 149.87 
4) Amelie Lacoste (CAN)
 Music: Rhapsody in Blue & Concerto in F
  • My feed is totally froze but I hear she did a lovely 3flip and 3lutz
  • Maybe the new blonde did her some good!
  • I love nuance in the little footwork section on the part of Rhapsody that we all know!
  • She looks so light this year, like a little fairy
  • I like her much better this season, great adjustments!
  • 45.05 (TES) + 52.58 (PCS) = 97.63
  • 53.81 (SP) + 97.63 (FS) = 151.44
5) Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (RUS)
 Music: Black Eyes
  • Is it just me or is Liza starting to look like Sasha Cohen?
  • She is definitely taller, but from what I've seen in this small sample size, the jumps havent been affected
  • Uh oh, little slip, not enough pop caused that fall
  • This music choice suits her very well
  • Very zippy spins
  • Her performance quality is much improved, she is interacting with the audience
  • Her upper body is more expressive as well
  • The middle of the program is a little dull, the choreographer may need to tweak a few things here in the middle
  • 58.14 (TES) + 53.76 (PCS) - 1.00 (DED) = 112.90
  • 55.10 (SP) + 112.90 (FS) = 168.00
6) Akiko Suzuki (JPN)
 Music: O
  • That opening is charming, it's so musical
  • Girlfriend si still doing her thing at age 28, major props to her for that
  • I hate that bent leg camel, just not my cup of tea
  • I love this music, it's whimsical, yet very post moder as well
  • She loks so comfortable in this piece; not that I know her but I believe this suits what I believe her personality to be
  • She just keeps ticking off those jumps and elements
  • This seems like a championships caliber program; I can see this looking outstanding by worlds
  • I love that beautiful open position on the stretched out camel; she looks like a star hanging from the sky and spinning in midair
  • That was lovely, that was the most enjoyable of all of the ladies programs I've seen this year aside from Ashley Wagner's
  • 60.22 (TES) + 59.82 (PCS) = 120.04
  • 55.12 (SP) + 120.04 (FS) = 175.16 
7) Kanako Murakami (JPN)
 Music: Oblivion, Fuego Lento
  • Oh no, all my commentary was deleted
  • Basically, I said that this is a step in the right direction for her and she has a lot of room to grow in this program
  • 53.49 (TES) + 58.34 (PCS) = 111.82
  • 56.21 (SP) + 111.82 (FS) = 168.04
8) Ksenia Makarova (RUS)
 Music: Megapolis
  • Oh no, I miss my little Russian blonde
  • I love her expressive upper body
  • This music is a little odd, I can't decide if I like it or not
  • She has such a fluid upper body, but then the lower body seems so rigid
  • When she falls, it's always dramatic
  • This isn't really holding my interest, I'm not so sure why
  • The music is interesting and I love the choreography, but it's not a complete piece yet
  • 40.43 (TES) + 56.12 (PCS) -1.00 (DED) = 95.55
  • 58.56 (SP) + 95.55 (FS) = 154.11
9) Kaetlyn Osmond (CAN)
 Music: Carmen Ballet
  • This is interesting, a Canadian lady with amazing potential; something we haven't seen in about 3-4 years
  • She is a firecracker, loving her already
  • Skate Canada has been the poster child for Carmen thus far
  • Uh oh, feed going wonky, but I hear applause so I assume things are still on the up and up
  • She has a lot of things to clean up, but she is landing the jumps and she is exciting which is what the Canadian ladies have lacked since Rochette
  • This is starting to get pretty messy toward the end, but those are all things that can be fixed with better conditioning and more experience
  • 57.28 (TES) + 59.61 (PCS) -1.00 (DED) = 115.81
  • 60.56 (SP) + 115.81 (FS) = 176.45 

10) Elene Gedevanishvili (GEO)
 Music: Don Quixote
  • Hard fall on opening jump, she is a very heady skater, the beginning always sets the tone for the whole program
  • She is looking like such an elegant diva out there on the ice
  • She is going so fast, can she hang onto this speed for the whole program??
  • I love her intensity, through the good and the bad she never loses that quality about her
  • Definitely losing speed here at the end
  • She is running out of steam, but I love that little ode to a fouette in the footwork sequence
  • 42.83 (TES) + 57.89 (PCS) -1.00 (DED) = 99.72
  • 60.80 (SP) + 99.72 (FS) = 1160.52 

No comments:

Post a Comment