Friday, September 24, 2010

Barbie's Showtune of the Day #13: My Strongest Suit

My obsession with Sherie Rene Scott continues with this showtune of the day, My Strongest Suit from AIDA. I do not know what to say about Sherie other than that she is fierce with a capital FIERCE. Just listen to her belt! Don't get me wrong, she is amazing on recordings, but to truly experience her talent, you have to see her live. Young drag queens often get their start by copying Sherie's performance of this song and posting their renditions on youtube. Also, we love her 1990s crimped hair in this wig. I'm posting two copies of this song. The first is a close shot but is only an excerpt and the second video contains the full song and the scene leading up but is a bit further away.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment