Monday, July 12, 2010

Broadway Barks 2010

During my day trip to New York City with Amber yesterday we also attended Broadway Barks, the twelfth annual event to promote adoption of shelter dogs and cats. The event is hosted every year by Broadway Barks founders Mary Tyler Moore, who can still turn the world on with her smile, and my idol Bernadette Peters. I was completely starstruck when I saw her across Shubert Alley, ask my friends, I could barely speak. Can I please look as good as she does when I'm 62? Broadway stars from shows like Promises, Promises, Memphis, and A Little Night Music presented the animals up for adoption and told the often sad stories of the animals lives before they were rescued by the ASPCA and other organizations. I thought I would have to drag my friends there so I could see the Broadway stars, but they fell in love with the animals and so did I. Amber and I even contemplated how we could sneak a baby pooch onto the bus. I wonder if my new apartment will let me have a dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment