Wednesday, February 23, 2011

2011 World Figure Skating Championships: Event Schedule

Alright so I know we are a month away from worlds but I couldn't resist writing my first post. I came across the event times on twitter recently so I converted them from Tokyo time to US Eastern Standard Time so we can prepare for the crazy hours that we'll be awake watching our favorite skaters battle the best in the world. I'll continue to write new posts in preparation for worlds including any news related to the skaters competing and the preview posts that I traditionally write for each event. Universal Sports has the rights to Worlds but as we know from Four Continents, they are less than reliable, but here's to hoping they'll get us live-streams of all of the events and hopefully even a little TV coverage. If not, I'll keep you posted on twitter (follow me @barbiebackstage ) for any other live-streams that I find.

Monday March 21st
Pairs Preliminaries 12:00am EST
Mens Preliminaries 3:00am EST


Tuesday March 22nd
Ice Dance Preliminaries 10:30pm EST (Begins Monday March 21st)
Ladies Preliminaries 12:00am EST


Wednesday March 23th
Pairs Short Program 11:30pm EST (Begins Tuesday March 22nd) 
Mens Short Program 4:00am EST


Thursday March 24th
Pairs Free Skate 12:30am EST 
Mens Free Skate 4:25am EST


Friday March 25th
Short Dance 11:30pm EST (Begins Thursday March 24th)
Ladies Short Program 4:00am EST


Saturday March 26th
Free Dance 12:00am EST
Ladies Free Skate 4:30am EST


Sunday March 27th
Gala Exhibition 2:00am EST
*Subject to Change

No comments:

Post a Comment